Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

70-300 VR vs 70-200 F4

jvaidya

New York, US
94 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jvaidya Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2011
Thu 28-Feb-13 09:01 PM

Am looking for a tele prime/zoom and have been going back and forth between these two. Also in my consideration set are the 180 f2.8 and 300 f/4 but lack of VR is probably going to eliminate those since I am too lazy to carry a tripod around .

Anyway back to the point. Has anyone done/seen side by side comparisons of images that I can look at for the two zooms. Am aware that most reviews show the 70-200 f/4 as numerically superior, as it should be, costing more than 2x as much. But wanted to see some test images to get a better sense of what the numbers mean visually, especially at 200mm. Also want to get a sense of how badly the CA of the 70-300 affects images and to what extent it can be corrected in Lightroom.

Also a big bonus would be if someone has images at 300mm on one vs 200+TC1.4 on the f/4. I know am asking for a lot but any resource you can point to will be useful.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G