Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikkor 28mm f2.8 AFD

Scotty

Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
5170 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Scotty Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2002
Thu 28-Feb-13 06:52 AM

SO even though I have 3 lovely pro quality zooms and shoot DX I have just bought a Nikkor 28mm f2.8 AFD. Why? Well because I was really enjoying using the 50mm f1.8 AFD and wanted something wider. The 24mm was just too expensive. I used to have the 28mm but not the D version in the mid 1990s and wasn't overly impressed. So I did ponder about this one. Reviews are mixed and it is generally regarded as not one of Nikon's best - OK but not brilliant, especially at wide apertures.

Now because most of my work is outside in bright sun, I rarely shoot wide open, so that bit didn't bother me, but I was still a tad wary. Finally I bit the bullet and bought one yesterday. It's totally better than anything I could have hoped for! Shooting at 100 ISO at f9 on my D2Xs it is as sharp as any lens I have - including the 50mm f1.8 or 60mm f2.8 AFD Macro.

Now is this what everyone else has found? or can my eyes be deceiving me? This is a great lens, especially for the money... but regardless of the cost it is still a great lens...

Anyone found this as well?

D3 + 20mm f2.8 AFD + 105mm f2.8 AFD + 300mm f4 AFS

Hunger pays a heavy price to the shining Gods of speed and steel

LIKE me on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/AlexJPScottPhotography

http://alexjpscottphotography.blogspot.co.uk/

Alex

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor 28mm f2.8 AFD
Reply message RE: Nikkor 28mm f2.8 AFD