Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need to thin the lens bag out, could use some advice and comments

JBD90

US
201 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JBD90 Registered since 24th Nov 2011
Sat 16-Feb-13 09:23 PM

I have no idea how to handicap the performance of zoom lenses and I need to come up with a new plan. I would like some advice to thin out my lens arsenal. Overlapping focal lengths need to be reconsidered. I will hold on to my four prime lenses. 85mm 1.8 Nikkor, 105mm Kiron Macro lens and two AIs lenses, 24mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4. My Zoom range is covered by a DX 18-55 Kit lens, a Nikon 28-200mm and a 70-300 Promaster /Sigma zoom which is clearly sharper than the Nikkor 70-300 so it is up on eBay.
I have while building my arsenal gotten a sharp 28-80mm Nikkor and a 70-210 . These focal lengths are now covered by my other lenses and my bag overfloweth…. I am thinking I should sell these off as well to fill the hole in my wallet the 85mm dug. Advice please.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need to thin the lens bag out, could use some advic...

G