Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Opinions on Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED vs Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD?

alanfairley

US
18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
alanfairley Registered since 29th Jan 2013
Wed 13-Feb-13 07:04 PM

According to Roger Cicala, the resolving power of each of these, center and corner is about the same at f4 at 50mm (http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/01/a-24-70mm-system-comparison). The Tamron is about $600 cheaper, a little smaller, and a little lighter. Plus, the Tamron has VR, which might be a big help to me, since I find I have to crank my shutter speed up to 1/(4 x FL) to keep camera shake from degrading the images on the D800E (that sensor is really unforgiving at 100%).

Hs anyone actually used both of these lenses? Since I am not a heavy user and rarely shoot more open than f5.6, it seems to me I might as well save a little coin. Opinions?

G