Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

24-70/2.8 issue(?) advice needed...

kamputty

Santa Cruz, US
197 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kamputty Registered since 04th Jan 2007
Sat 26-Jan-13 04:11 PM | edited Sat 26-Jan-13 04:13 PM by kamputty

Hi all

Well, my 24-70 took a fall and had it repaired by nikon. They replaced everything but glass. It shoots awesomely!

Yesterday I noticed that the front gasket/ring is a tad loose on one side as if its bent.

This is what I mean...

Looking At the lens from the front, looking at the first glass, there is a ring that covers it. Looking at the ring, it looks like it there to protect the glass from an attached filter. This ring, on one side is a tad loose, meaning it moves from the glass about 1mm, and I can push it back just fine. It does not look like it moves beyond that point...maybe they did not glue it or the plastic is use bent a tad there. We are talking about half an inche, the rest of the ring sits just fine.

Should I send it back or just not worry...I would like to keep it at home so I can use it....but if its a vital thing, then I will send back.

Thoughts?...

Kam

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 24-70/2.8 issue(?) advice needed...

G