Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

300mm f4 ED-IF AF

RWSTARRETT

Gardnerville, US
145 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RWSTARRETT Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Feb 2009
Fri 04-Jan-13 10:48 PM

My older 300mm f4 lens is built like a tank and is way more hand-holdable than my 500mm or my 300mm f2.8 VRII, so I'd like to keep it. This older lens has a ring with a knurled knob near the front of the lens to allow autofocus limiting, something that has been replaced on newer Nikon tele lenses with a switch on the side of the lens. That focus limiting feature broke, so I could not focus near or at infinity. Nikon repaired the lens, took about 6 weeks. The first time I used it, same problem. Obviously, I'll send it back to Nikon, but I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem. Am I doing something wrong? I've used the lens on my D7000, D700 and D800. I hope some of you old hands out there have used or can remember this lens and can advise me.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 300mm f4 ED-IF AF