Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Are add on lenses worth it ?

Caledonia Bob

Caledonia ON, CA
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Caledonia Bob Registered since 10th Dec 2011
Sun 25-Nov-12 07:19 PM

I use the 18 - 200 VR lens with my D-80 and it serves me fine for most shots. However I frequently come across situations, like trying to frame a valley between two hills or taking in an entire room for instance, when the extra width would make for the better shot.

That got me checking into ( and pricing) a true wide angle lens. It was also when I started seeing all the add-on lenses available. I know that these are likely going to compromise auto focus, lens quality and such but I'm curious if anyone has actual experience with these things and if they would be suitable for getting those odd difficult shots or are they just junk like their prices might tend to indicate? The one in particular states that it is specifically for the 18-200 and I figure someone must be buying these things.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G