Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Switching from Canon to Nikon; need the skinny on some lenses!

Fatcat0

US
14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Fatcat0 Registered since 06th Nov 2012
Wed 07-Nov-12 04:23 AM

So as I mentioned in my introduction thread, my apartment was broken into and all of my camera equipment was stolen (I will state it again here too; if you rent and don't have renter's insurance, get it! It's cheap I swear!), so I have to start over and I've decided to go Nikon this time.

I'm settled on the D600 (since that's what made me decide to jump ship), and I'm looking for a ~3 lens system to go with it. I am pretty much sold on the 105 f/2.8 VR micro lens, but if you want to tell me how that one holds up (especially compared to the Canon 100L) I'd really enjoy that conversation =)

I'm probably getting an 85/1.8G and then I can get either the 24-70 F/2.8 OR a non-nikkor 24-something (I had a Tamron 28-75 2.8 before, but I would really like something a step up) and then a something-else. Or I might do the same thing with 70-200 zoom (and get a wider prime probably). Exactly which avenue I still have to choose, but basically my entire knowledge of hardware is canon-based so I know the gems and the good deals on that side but I'm woefully uninformed here. So, anything I should really know?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Switching from Canon to Nikon; need the skinny on s...

G