Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3385 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Mon 05-Nov-12 11:17 PM

I had a recent problem when a colleague who borrowed my 70-200mm f2.8 VR II lens removed and lost the foot from the lens body. It won't happen again. But in the meantime, I learned that this part cannot be bought from Nikon. Instead, you must send your lens to Nikon or an authorized depot. I understand that Nikon no longer sells many parts to "mom and pop" camera repair facilities, due they say, to the incerasing complexity of the cameras. But in this case, I was going to have to send the lens off so someone could slide a new shoe on, tighten a knob and return it. I could not get a cost figure -- $70 to $300 were offered as guesses by Nikon techs. I would have gone to a Kirk or Really Right Stuff replacement as a better course. But just before I did that, the foot turned up. I just thought I should warn anyone NOT to lose the foot off of their Nikon 70-200mm lens -- or any other Nikon lens for that matter.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon parts