Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fun Lens Discussions

buckreynolds

US
32 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
buckreynolds Registered since 11th Jan 2009
Mon 22-Oct-12 11:15 PM

My girls are on the gymnastics team. I've been trying to figure out how well a 70-200 zoom would work when I shoot their competitions inside dimly lit gyms with my little D90.

This has caused me to spy around the gyms to see which other dads are Nikon shooters. In the past two weeks I have found two such gentlemen with pro zoom lens attached to their DSLR's.

I sidled over to Dad #1, and struck up a conversation:
Me: Hey, is that the older or the newer 70-200?
Dad #1: I don't know. I bought this camera and lens last week. I'm just trying to figure out how to use it.

At the next event I found another dad shooting with the D7000 and the older 70-200.
Me: What settings are you shooting at in here.
Dad #2: Umm (looking at the display)...here (handing me the camera).

The great thing is that they were both having a blast capturing memories for their kids. I saw them smiling and showing people the results on the back of the camera.

Best wishes to all Nikonians

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G