Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Recommended Lenses for D600

Stoirm

UK
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Stoirm Registered since 14th Oct 2012
Sun 14-Oct-12 01:46 PM

Folks,

I am planning on getting a D600 body and wish to get a range of lenses for general use.

I am after a general wide angle lens 12-28mm, a 50mm prime, a macro lens (considering the Nikkor 60mm but it is expensive) and a tele-photo (considering the Sigma 50-500mm) and perhaps getting a general purpose lens too.

The fact is I am a relative beginner/enthusiast, I got the Nikon D3100 in February 2012 as my first DSLR with kit lens 18-55mm and a Tamron 70-300mm. But i am loving it and wish to upgrade for photography and also have better DSLR film making kit.

I have looked on lenshero alot and am musing on the options with my lens choices. I do have a few thousand pounds to spend and am seeking a balance between a good investment and good value. I am not a professional by any means but at the same time I wish to take the best pictures I can. My main interest is in nature photography-landscapes, macro work with flowers and insects and birds and beasts. However I have enjoyed some Street photography and am open to experimenting with all aspects of the photography.

Would anyone here have any advice (this is my first post here!)

e.g. the Sigma 50-500mm v getting a Nikkor tele-photo up to 300mm and using a teleconverter for extra reach (those birds can be hard to get close shots of!)

I am also wondering in general how much better Nikkor lenses are in relation to Tamron and Sigma (perhaps for my needs the extra £ for Nikkor is not really needed?)

Further the price difference in getting the kit lens is significant, is that lens worth the £?

Sorry this is so broad but as the D600 is so new as well, I am wondering if there is any specific lens that would work particularly well with it too.

Thanks.

John-Paul

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Recommended Lenses for D600

G