Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Damaged 24-70 2.8

Pixel_paddy

Jersey City, US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Pixel_paddy Registered since 14th Sep 2012
Mon 17-Sep-12 01:57 AM

Hi there, not sure if this is in the right section but here goes.

I recently rented my first lens while going on vacation. A 24-70 2.8. Due to a number of factors, stupidity on my part, my camera fell, front element first into volcanic rubble, scratching the front element and giving the lens the sticky zoom syndrome.

Does anyone know what Nikon would typically charge to repair? The rental company didn't say but I would like to be prepared! It's a shame as I would have liked to put that cash towards a new Fx lens.

Lessons learnt:

1. If renting, choose insurance.
2. Always put a uv filter on your lens for added protection.
3. Remember if you upgrade your camera from a d90 to something much larger and heavier, also upgrade your tripod so your equipment doesn't just pop off the tripod from the wind of the person besides you who just farted!
4. Never venture up a volcano 10000ft at 4am in the morning without serious amounts of caffeine!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Damaged 24-70 2.8

G