Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon AF-S vs. Sigma HSM

nikon_kid

5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nikon_kid Basic Member
Thu 28-Jun-01 08:53 AM

Hey everyone,

i have the nikon 80-200/2.8 now and am looking to get the 300/4 af-s. i'd also love to get the af-s version of the 80-200. i do almost all sports photography and therefore need the speed provided by the af-s. i just became aware of sigma's line of lenses with the HSM. Is this comparable to nikon's af-s or is it slower and just a marketing gimmick? I'd be more than willing to trade in my nikkor 80-200 for the sigma 70-200/2.8 hsm if it's a good lens. it's loads cheaper and looks nice. also i was considering sigma's 300/4 af-s and maybe a 1.4x tc to give me a 420/5.6 Any suggestions? I would hate to pay extra $$$ to have Nikon on my lens... I know they make quality products but it seems as technology continues to improve, third-party manufacturers are catching on and making equal competition.

Thanks,
John

G