Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

TC20E vs. TC20EII...Should I trade up???

sc53

25 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sc53 Basic Member
Wed 27-Jun-01 06:07 AM

I recently purchased an 80-200mm afs, f/2.8, a great lens!!! and a TC20E converter which together, seem to work well on my F100, in terms of auto focas and all metering. Since I'm new to the world of AF, I didn't realize that the TC20EII was set to be released within days. My camera salesman is willing and gracious enough to let me trade the older converter in, for the newer one, when they get them. Does anyone have any experience with both of these conveters? I realize that; the newer converter is less expensive, has a new finish, better coatings to reduce ghosting and flare, and exactly the same number of lens elements. Is it as sharp or sharper than the older TC20E, when used with the 80-200, f/2.8 afs??? Thank you in advance for your time and sharing,

Steve

G