Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikkor AF 105mm/f2 DC or 135mm/f2 DC

NikonBuddy

1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NikonBuddy Basic Member
Fri 16-Feb-01 11:26 PM

Hey guys. I just got an F65 Date! A "cheaper" way to access quality nikon glass (since it's the lens that makes the difference). I have an AF 50mm/f1.4 D lens. I like to shoot my kids, family, friends (people). I have moved up from point and shoot.

I found that to get a close up of my kids (e.g. dance class) I had to get "uncomfortably" close to get the "portrait" shot(from waste up)that I wanted, say around 3-4 feet. I use Kodak royal gold 400 print film and no flash if I can help it.

I would like to at least double this distance to get the same "portrait" shot, so that I don't interfere with other parents photographing their kids. Would the 105 or 135 do it? I want quality (of primes) and want to stay away from big heavy lens like 80-200 2.8 ED, 180 mm, etc.

So, what do you think of the 105 or 135 DC nikkors? I know they are expensive. I need your experiences using these lens.

G