Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
luke700

Sussex, US
19 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
luke700 Registered since 24th Jan 2009
Thu 12-Feb-09 08:16 PM

Hi Everyone. New to Nikonians and back into photography after long lay off. Had several Canon film slr's. Nikon D700(absolutely love it)got me to switch to Nikon and into digital.

My lenses are: Nikon 50mm 1.4, Nikon 105mm Macro, Nikon 80-400mm, and Sigma 18-200mm. I was talked into buying the Sigma when I purchased the D700. My concern is: Is this Sigma lens capable of taking really sharp shots on a full frame D700 or is it relegated to snapshots. Also the Nikon 24-120mm VR looks good on paper but the reviews I've read state this lens is a stinker. Way too soft for the money. Is this too a snapshot lens? Can this lens be as bad as the reviews state? Additionally, should I get rid of the Sigma 18-200 and buy the Nikon 24-70 2.8 and then maybe Nikon 70-200?

Any input would be most appreciated. Everyone have a reat day.

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G