Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

lens value vs repair cost

agengr

piedmont, US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
agengr Registered since 19th Aug 2008
Tue 19-Aug-08 04:53 AM

I am new here. I have a D70 that appears to have the BGLOD. Nikon service presently has it and advises that it will be $229 to repair.

I bought the camera 16 months ago from a local photographer with a Nikkor AF 35mm F2 lens for $550 It has 8000 actuations now. I have used it for about 200 images. Presently I have my lenses at Nikon for repair cleaning

35MM F2 AF repair cost $81

70-210 AF F4-5.6 repair cost $107

35-70 AF F3.3-4.5 repair cost $115

the 35-70 and the 35mm were working fine but I sent them in in case there was a problem that caused the BGLOD
The 70-210 was a state surplus lens bought on Ebay that apears to have been dropped.

My question is are these lenses worth the repair cost or should I just find some others on Ebay

I am an engineer and I use the camera for inspection reports and I hope to do some contract technical writing.

I need to tell Nikon to fix or return..

AGENGR

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: lens value vs repair cost

G