Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
MISCANTHUS

MADISON, US
133 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MISCANTHUS Basic Member
Wed 17-Jan-01 05:56 PM

Are the Nikon lenses really, really that much better optically than the new atx-pro Tokina lenses. Come on, with todays technology I find it hard to believe that a person, pro or not, could tell the difference between a photo shot with a Nikon 35-70 2.8 and one shot with a Tokina ATX 28-80 2.8.(Assuming that the technical aspect of the photos are exactly the same). I am trying to decide between these two lenses. The money savings is not that great, not an issue, but the newer Tokina seems to have newer autofocus technology. How many people on this bord could put two photos of the exact same subject side by side and tell which one was shot with which lense? I don't mean to be offensive, I just want some opinions. Also, Moose uses and raves about Tokina lenses but he also digitally alters his photos(what a big bad no no). Would he rave as much if he didn't use the computer to manipulate the image? Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. I have the Tokina 300 2.8 and I am quite pleased with it and the price. Thanks. Roy.

Roy

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tokina or Nikon?