Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikkor 300mm F/4 AF ED-IF

f5fstop

Private, UM
2947 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
f5fstop Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Thu 18-Jan-01 10:06 PM

This is the one and only decent photo from the new 300mm from this past weekend. Went looking for birds and this is the only one available, must have been a bird convention somewhere since this place is known for having numerous specicies of birds. Hope to get better photos next time out in about a month, if the birds will just cooperate.

http://www.geocities.com/f5fstop/Images/woodpecker.jpg
Some type of woodpecker. Taken at Radnor Lake Park, Nashville TN. Nikon F5, Nikkor 300mm F/4 AF ED-IF with Kenko Pro 300 2X teleconverter. Fuji Superia X-tra 800 ISO. Shutter speed 250/aperture 7.1. In AF mode and shutter priority, and it appears I may have had the center focus sensor closer to the tree trunk than Woody.
Photo is considerble sharper than scan, especially the tree trunk. Negative scanned in on an Epson Perfection 1640SU Photo scanner at 72dpi. I would say I was satisified with the lens, especially since this was used with a 2X converter.

Doug

--Take only photographs, leave nothing but footprints--

"Take only photographs, leave only footprints"

Click on image to view larger version

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor 300mm F/4 AF ED-IF