Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help! My 28-105 filter mount turned! Is there a problem?

dcynkin

San Diego, US
32 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dcynkin Basic Member
Thu 18-Jan-01 03:38 PM

Hey everyone! I just screwed on a Nikon UV filter on my unused, new 28-105 lens and the mount turned! Then I tried to reverse the filter turn and the mount turned in the other direction too! (This was with camera off, so focus ring was locked.)

Is there a problem?

I called Nikon and one tech guy didn't know anything, so I spoke to another and he said "it doesn't sound normal" but he really didn't sound sure of himself.

I phoned CameraWorld, where I ordered the lens from, and they said I was past the 14 day return/exchange period, so I'd have to send back to Nikon.

Should I do this, or is the lens fine?

Thanks!

Dave C.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help! My 28-105 filter mount turned! Is there a pro...
     Reply message After you had Nikon check the lens, is it tighter?
          Reply message RE: After you had Nikon check the lens, is it tighter?

G