Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
neasey

14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
neasey Basic Member
Wed 17-Jan-01 02:23 PM

Dear Nikonians,
So there I am sitting home nursing a cold and the phone rings. On the other end is my local Nikon dealer telling me that he pulled some strings with the Nikon rep. and my 80-400 VR will be in on Thursday!!

Well the clouds parted, the sun came shinning through and life was good again. Oh, .... this dosent seem so special, we'll that's because I did not tell you rest of the story. (Suddenly I feel like Paul Harvey)

You see this lens has been on order for over a year, and I have been given numerous expected delivery dates for the past 5 months. Worse, I began reading internet stories about actual deliveries of the long promised lens and how good it is and how well it works. Those old temptations of chucking all things Nikon and moving to Canon came back. Temptations that I felt before Nikon announced VR, began to return. I managed to fight them off again as best I could as I have been faithfull to Nikon for 25 years, in my heart of hearts I continued to hold out hope.

Worse yet I have been making big plans to use this lens, like reservations for several photo excursions where VR is a must, (for me anyway) moving boats and flying birds. (Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch). Excursions like the one this weekend to Cork Screw Sanctuary in Naples FL to shoot birds with Frank Viola and the one next month to Puget Sound to photograph harbor seals, eagles, and orcas for 3 days on 3 different charter boats.

So you see Tuesday, January 16, 2001 was a happy day indeed!
EZ

G