Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Zoom or Prime? MF or AF?

XUBIOSCHOEFF

Cincinnati, US
482 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
XUBIOSCHOEFF Registered since 09th Nov 2007
Thu 27-Dec-07 12:39 AM

As stated a few times throughout the forums, I have the following: F4, 24mm 2.8, 105mm f/4, and 300mm 2.8 . . .
I am thinking about getting a zoom lens or a prime lens, and think that out of the two empty ranges of 24-105/105-300, I could probably come up with enough to get ONE lens. Any one who uses F4 or F5 for that matter recommend any SUPERB lenses in this range?

It is important to know that I am not interested in the most pricey collector type lenses, and have not used much in the way of AF. Mostly this results from a lack of funds, but I find that using MF has been efficient enough for my use. I like the Nikkor MF lenses because they give me great results for reasonable price . . .

Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated! Merry Christmas/Happy holidays/Good winter solstice to everyone.

Dan

I think I am maxing out at about $200 FYI- yes, I know, makes recommendations hard!

Dan Schoeff
(No Longer Newbie) Nikonian with a lust for information
http://DanielSchoeff.smugmug.com/

G