Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
tall1more

10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tall1more Basic Member
Fri 12-Jan-01 02:21 AM

Just a thought. If anyone is running out and spending the big bucks on the 300, 400f2.8's, 500 and 600f4 AFS lenses it may pay to be patient. Haven't heard or seen anything but it isn't too much of a stretch to see Nikon putting VR into their big AFS glass. Can't see Nikon not doing this since Canon has done it already. When and if this ever happens the used market may or may not be flooded with used AFS fast lenses. Also another thought if patience prevails. Why spend the big bucks on non VR fast glass when you can just wait and get the same lenses with it. I would be pretty pissed myself if I spent the thousands of $ and then the next week Nikon put VR into the same glass that I had just purchased.
Figured this would be an interesting thing to throw out onto this forum.
An after thought on AFS lenses. Would love to see Nikon put VR into the 80-200f2.8 AFS lens. Making it a killer combo for speed and handheld use in any light!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Big Glass AFS

G