Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Beware of Sub-Standard Lens Mount

ZzyzxOC

1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ZzyzxOC Registered since 22nd Oct 2007
Mon 22-Oct-07 05:09 AM

:) I recently purchased a Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR. Due to my own error, I dropped the camera about 18" onto soft grass and the lens snapped off. Upon inspection, I found the lens mount and mounting lugs are made of plastic and can easily be sheered off. This is first Nikon, Tamron or Tokina lens I have purchased over the last twenty years that has a plastic mount. If this lens had a metal mount, it probably wouldn't have snapped off. The lens produces execeptional images and I have no complaint about lens performance.
If this is the junk Nikon is selling with their name and reputation, it will be my last Nikon lens and possibly the last Nikon camera I will purchase. Shame on Nikon for selling such a sub-standard product.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Beware of Sub-Standard Lens Mount

G