Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

N60 and Nikon Lens question.

JRH

7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JRH Basic Member
Sat 30-Dec-00 03:44 PM

Hi there everybody , new to the site and have a question to ask about lens compatibility.

I have a Nikon N60 which I have had for nearly 2 years and when I got it it came with Quantary lenses . I know these lenses are cheapies but I have had a great time with them and gotten some pretty decent photos.

I have now decided to step up and buy a new Nikon lens and pretty much have my heart set on the AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 D , having read sevral reviews by Staff photographers in magazines etc and spoken to a few other Nikon users .

My question is this .

I am getting conflicting information as to wether I will be able to use all the features of the 28mm with my Nikon N60 . For instance in my N60 Manual it says " D-type AF lenses give you access to all available functions " .

Yet the Nikon website says ....

"Nikon D-type lens technology provides distance information to Nikon F5, N90s,N90, N70 and N50 cameras, making 3D Matrix Metering and Matrix Balanced Fill-Flash possible."

...but no mention of the N60 in there.

Call me fussy but I dont want to spend the $ 200 or so if I wont be able to use all the features of the lens.

Anybody help me out here ? Depending on the answer I may just wait untill the Summer when I plan to upgrade to the N80 .

G