Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help please on Nikkor 35-70 F2.8

fadilhashim

24 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
fadilhashim Basic Member
Wed 20-Dec-00 11:51 AM

Hi all, and thanks in advance for your inputs.
I've just got a new 35-70mm F2.8 Nikkor. When not mounted on the body, and inspected via the rear end while the front end is pointing towards a light source, I noticed some small dots or particles. The particles or dots are colorless (probably because they're too small), and if I zoomed in and out while looking thru the rear end, directly at the light source, they are visible. These particles are evenly distributed across the glass, and are not randomly located on the glass. I showed this to a movie camera friend of mine, and his comment was that this is normal attributes of the glass. The word he used is "crystallization of the glass".
The dots are not visible thru the camera viewfinder. I do not have reference pictures nor anybody that has this lens that I know of. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone who owns this lens could tell me that this is normal, or abnormal. Again, thanks in advance fellow Nikonians.

Kind Regards
Fadil

G