Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New (to me) F100 doesn't like my Sigma Lenses :o(

bobwysiwyg

US
25 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bobwysiwyg Registered since 11th Mar 2009
Tue 22-Jan-13 06:29 PM | edited Tue 22-Jan-13 06:45 PM by bobwysiwyg

Not to make this too wordy, but some background that has lead me to where I'm at. I've shot Nikons since the 70's. FE, FM mostly. When they first came out, I took a flyer at the D100. Hey, 6MP's was a big deal back then The D100 was purchased with a 28-70 G zoom. I purchased some Sigma lenses a short time after getting the D100. I still have all my cameras/lenses, Nikons and otherwise, can't seem to let them go.

About a year or so ago, I added a N90s which I really like. Recently I went even further and picked up an F100 as it seemed to have some functionality not unlike the D100. I have been using a bevy of Sigma lenses on both the D100 and N90 and they function as they should. However, on the F100 I keep getting a fEE warning on the display that I can't get rid of now matter what I try. The Sigma lenses are;

24mm f1.8 marked EX DG Aspherical
28-70mm f2.8 D EX Aspherical
70-200 f2.8 D APO HSM

I've been searching here with no luck so far and browsing a PDF manual for the F100, but it's not easy to navigate easily. I have a printed manual on the way.

I have the lenses locked to the smallest aperture as they should and it does not matter what 'mode' is selected on the F100 and by the way, I have reset all the custom settings just to make sure nothing there is causing any interference.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm just a bit baffled since I think of the N90s and F100 something akin to kissing cousins at least, and if one of the Sigmas had something of a glitch.. hmm OK I guess, but all three and they work perfectly on the D100 and N90 is what has me baffled. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I forgot to mention, the 28-70 G zoom that was part of my D100 purchase works fine on the F100.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New (to me) F100 doesn't like my Sigma Lenses :o(

G