Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

F5 viewfinder display problem

jarventausta

8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jarventausta Basic Member
Sun 18-Jun-00 11:48 PM

Hi all,

first of all I want to thank the friends who established this forum ! Very nice to have something like this !

I am just an amateur who has been using a Canon EOS 50 for some time and about 3 months ago moved over to the Nikon team. I bought one F5 and one F100 when visiting Hong Kong. I work in the mainland of China for a 2 year assignment.

I have been very happy with my Nikon gear. They both are so much more solid than the cheap Canon I was using. I have already travelled quite a lot with these Nikons in China, just recently went to Tibet, Lhasa, and got wonderful pictures !

But now I have the first fault in my F5. It has lost two "lines" from the 8 segment display which displays the frame counter in the viewfinder.
So it does not anymore show the whole digit there. This is a minor fault but I need to get it repared anyway.

The service Nikon has in Beijing I will not trust too much on. I think that I take the camera to Hong Kong when going there next time. Does someone know, if the display unit is physically in the viewfinder ? Is it then enough to ship only the viewfinder to a Nikon service ? That could be easier and more safe for me.

Regards

Markku Jarventausta

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: F5 viewfinder display problem

G