Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

You're not going to want to read this

danshep

Olympia, US
1629 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
danshep Gold Member Charter Member
Sun 22-Sep-02 12:50 AM

So guess what happened. I was out at the local wildlife refuge, when I stumbled in a hole on the main road and went down with my Gitzo tripod on my shoulder. It kind of turned in around me and I ended up landing on the legs, broke one clear off, and proceeded to fall.

That is the good news. My F5, 2x teleconverter and 80-200 AFR f/2.8 went down with me. Whack. So far, all I can tell is that the mounting ring on the lens is bent, but so is the mount on the F5. I assume the teleconverter is not exempt.

So they tell me in this area, that the camera needs to go to Chandler, Arizona for 6-8 weeks. Any better ideas in the Seattle area?

I am going to need a 2-foot by 2-foot square block of foam, to put on the camera from now on. GEEZ, what a run of luck. The bottom line is that I was looking up, searching for Great Horned Owls, did not see any, and did not see the hole in the road, either.

Anybody have an extra $1K note sitting around?

"Today is the tomorrow that yesterday you spent money like there was no."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: You're not going to want to read this