Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thu 12-Apr-01 07:32 AM

Ok!! seems like this user group have been silence since 6/4. ok!! I just got a F5 with AF nikkor 24-85 F2.8-4 and AF nikkor 80-200 F2.8 2 rings touch. I'm quite happy with it but just some pieces and bits I'd would like to ask nikonians pro's about (that's you? )

1. Why there isn't a AE-L on F5 vertical side??? I could only change custom func to 7-1 for shutter button + AE-L...... coz I used to press AE lock button when I was using my EOS1n on spot metering or off-centre shot....pls help??

2. I have the above lenses and wanna to get a wide-angle too. I have though of 18-35 ED but would it be better to get a prime 20?? What's the angle difference??? pls advise!!!

I'm amazed with F5 focusing speed. Far better than my EOS1n (might be just the feeling of motor is damn strong!!!!)

Cheers guys (pro)
fisheye

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: F5 newbie