Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Strap Rings, A $3 Bill, and the Holy Grail. . .

Googlyelmo

Seattle, US
113 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Googlyelmo Registered since 10th Oct 2012
Fri 01-Mar-13 06:18 PM

I am having a hard time finding OEM Nikon triangular strap rings, the ones with the black plastic guard on them (to prevent the rings from scratching the camera). Precision photo, the one web vendor I know of that stocks various small parts for Nikon has had them listed as back-ordered since November of last year and makes no estimate of when they will have them in stock. No one else seems to have them, including Adorama, B&H, Ritz, Calumet, Abe's, KEH. Nikon has them, but want's $12.95 to ship two rings that weigh in at under 5g and 2cc volume total! I have seen them, USED, on eBay for *upwards* of $15/pair (even $10-12 each!), *plus* shipping.

What gives! Why are these so hard to find? Nikon (apparently, from what I can tell) is still using the same strap rings on all its DSLRs, including new models like the D600 and D7100, so still making them and shipping them attached to new stock. Please help me find these darn silly little buggers! I am going partly mad with frustration, and no, I will simply not, nope, won't, can't, mustn't, shouldn't, wouldn't be prudent to pay so much (at least not used and scuffed up!).

Where Oh Where have my little strap rings gone, oh where oh where can they be?

Thanks.

--Will

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Strap Rings, A $3 Bill, and the Holy Grail. ....

G