Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sticky preview button?

Googlyelmo

Seattle, US
113 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Googlyelmo Registered since 10th Oct 2012
Sat 09-Feb-13 07:52 AM

I recently acquired a very nice F4, that I would rate overall as a 96-point camera. Clean, pretty, and fully functional.

The one issue I have discovered, after three rolls of Fuji Superia, is a sticking preview button. Depressing the preview button operates as normal. But when I release it, it sticks, and stays stopped down. If I press it again and sort of snap my fingernail off the edge, it pops back to normal, wide open position.

My question is if others would have this serviced. It really is a minor nuisance, and I do not use the preview function very often anyway. I expect the mechanism is either dirty, or the return spring is a little worn/weak. So, should I have it fixed? Is this the sort of thing that is covered when you have a camera body CLA'd? How much should I expect to pay, either just for the preview switch service, or a full CLA (ranges, of course)? Thanks.

--Will

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sticky preview button?

G