Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My F4 nearly died. Long live the F4s!

NorwayKim

NO
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
NorwayKim Registered since 09th Nov 2012
Fri 09-Nov-12 02:38 AM

Yesterday, I thought I was going to perform last rites for my beloved Nikon F4 of the last 22 years. There was absolutely no sign of electronic life whatsoever, no matter what I did (yes, including replacing the batteries).

Just as I was sadly to put it to eternal rest in my vintage camera cabinet, I tried one last thing. I removed the MB-20 battery grip, and put on the MB-21. Ta-daa! A fully functional F4S was resurrected through heart transplant. Good as brand new.

Somehow it was only the MB-20 that had quit. It doesn't seem to do much except keep the batteries in place, but no doubt some circuitry or contacts were broken. I have no plans getting a new MB-20, always preferred the full monty F4s configuration anyway. Looking forward to 22 more years of shooting with this marvellous beast.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My F4 nearly died. Long live the F4s!

G