Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

PROBLEMS WITH RECENTLY BOUGHT NIKON F5

urbandecaychris

Greensboro, US
116 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
urbandecaychris Registered since 24th Feb 2009
Thu 01-Mar-12 06:44 PM | edited Thu 01-Mar-12 07:41 PM by urbandecaychris

Start out by saying, Ive been shooting a good bit and am very technically savvy. Ive been shooting digital professionally for years, shoot Polaroids, etc. Just bought a mint condition Nikon F5 in the box off Ebay a week ago. Popped a cheap sigma 105mm macro on the F5 and selected manual mode. I haven't put a roll of film into the camera yet but have a brand new set of AA's in the body. I'm a bit perplexed by the shutter on this camera and am wondering if something is not acting properly.

***When I select a small fstop 2.8 for example, and select a high shutter speed (like 4,000th of a second outside when bright), the shutter opens but takes forever to actually close (it says its switched to LO shutter speed on the inside viewfinder and goes from manual mode to aperture priority BY ITSELF). when I'm inside and shooting, it does this sometimes but other times it opens and closes rapidly as intended on the same spot. Ive given the batteries ample time between shots, etc. Am I dense or is something wrong with this camera?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423035_580696368212_55100220_31534964_310924119_n.jpg

www.UrbanDecayChris.com
www.Polarotica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: PROBLEMS WITH RECENTLY BOUGHT NIKON F5
          Reply message RE: Problems with recently bought Nikon F5

G