Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
hakans

istanbul, TR
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hakans Registered since 21st Nov 2005
Sun 29-Jan-12 09:15 PM

Hi All,

I've been a close follower of this forum. Finally I need your comments for myself.

I mainly shoot street photography, concerts, candids and to some extend nature. 70% BW and rest in color. I used to take lots of slides but due to poor quality of labs now I started to use negatives. I process My own BW film and recently set up a darkroom for prints. That is almost everything is going analog and I enjoy it a lot.

However, when it comes to color I have the problem. Film prices are too high that a roll of velvia cost USD 20 inc. processing. And new dslr's like d7000 are said to be on par with high quality slides.

And I do have F100, F5 and F6 as AF bodies. By the way I have F3 and FE for Manuel focus. I have not been using F6 for some time and F100+f5 are a Good combo when I need AF and matrix metering. I have 35, 50 and 85 mm primes, 18-35 mm, 24-85 mm G and 80-200 f2.8 tele that I can use for everything.

I have a d70 with kit lens that is used when I need digital.

Now the question is that to what extend it would be viable to trade F6 for d7000 considering that I will kep shooting BW film (that I like too much)? d7000 for color and analog for BW, what do you think?

Many thanks and regards...

Hakan

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 ( file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: F6 vs D7000