Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

F5 metering questions- New F5 Owner

f5nikon

Buffalo, US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
f5nikon Registered since 04th Dec 2011
Mon 05-Dec-11 11:15 PM

Hello,

I just bought a Nikon F5 after learning on a N80 for a few years. I can't believe the quality of this camera; it is by far the nicest camera I've ever held. At $360 from KEH the price is a steal!

The main reason why I bought the F5 was for its meter. I plan on shooting alot of slide film and need accuracy. I know the F5 also checks its shutter speed on startup, how do I know if my shutter speed is accurate?

The N80's meter often required compensation for certain scenes (snow, overcast, ect) What are some scenes that you would compensate for on the F5? Do snow scenes require compensation? I'm trying to get an idea how the F5's meter compares to the almost fool proof meters of nikon dslr's.

I also bought a Nikon SB28 flash. Do you have any tips for using it? Is compensation required when bouncing or does the camera know? Do you use full auto or TTL mode?

Thank you all for the help in advanced,
Robert

Lastly my main lens is a Tokina ATX Pro SV 28-70mm f/2.8. Does anyone know if this is an AF-D lens? I can't find an answer on the internet.

G