Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
BushidoJS

Pueblo, US
325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BushidoJS Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Nov 2007
Sun 17-Apr-11 07:05 PM

I had previously posted that my D3 experienced a shutter failure while shooting kids soccer, and that my F6 saved me. D3 comes back tomorrow, so yesterday I was shooting more soccer with my F6. Working fine, until I pressed to take a shot, and my camera froze (sounded like it raised the mirror, and froze). Looking at my top LCD screen, everything was blinking. I had a slight moment of panic. The battery indicator had been showing about half, so didn't think it was a battery issue. Removed and replace the batteries, turned the camera back on, and saw the dredded Err on the top LCD. I was sure I had a shutter failure on my F6. I depreseed the button, and heard a click, then it worked fine. Two more rolls shot to finish out the game. Whew!

I do not have the MB40, so was only shooting with regular CR batteries. Had my 70-200, VRII mounted.

I am concerned that the battery indicator level showed half charge, but it clearly did not. Have any of you experienced this?

John
Colorado Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My F6 scare