Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question about F4S and Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses

Cat Herder

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Cat Herder Registered since 17th Mar 2011
Thu 17-Mar-11 03:14 AM

I am thinking of buying a very nice F4S and I am not sure exactly how it will function with Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses. I have read a lot about the camera on the Photo in Malaysia site, Ken Rockwell's site, and a few others but I can't seem to get the informaton I need. I found this site today so my problems are over!

I am a far cry from a professional and merely a hobbyist photographer. I use a 10mp digital a lot and an older "auto" film camera, both with several Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses I have. I like to shoot some film, mostly outdoor wildlife or just nature stuff. I just got a Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 with extension tubes so I am going to try some macro too. I don't really need the AF on the F4S for what film shooting I do, although if I get the camera I will probably get an AF lens or two for it....after I win the lottery.

Which Adaptall 2 adapter do I need, one with or without the "prong"?

Will the F4S give me aperture priority with matrix metering with the Adaptall's? What else will/won't work with the Adaptall's (I know
AF won't work)?

From what I read, the F4S will be fully functional with the right Nikon MF lenses, so my concerns are with the Adaptalls.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated and compensated accordingly.

G