Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
cloudnine1970

US
563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cloudnine1970 Registered since 02nd Apr 2010
Wed 11-Aug-10 02:57 PM

I just got my F5 that I purchased from a member here , and I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I loaded the film per instruction and everything seems to be working as expected..except I see nothing through the viewfinder..just black.

I did check to make sure lens cap was off ( per my 3 year old's suggestion )

I tried my 50 1.4 and my 70-300 ( which is supposed to cover FX) ...still black. I checked the lock mirror up..still black. I made sure the lever that covers the viewfinder for tripod use was open , not closed.

The display is reading the film correctly ( though no "dx" appears in the LCD on top as indicated in the manual)

Ideas?

The post office looks like it played rugby with the box , but no interior damage to the contents was obvious. Though the bubble wrap was broken on one side.

So any suggestions will be appreciated!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Gear - D300s , F5 , 50 1.4 , 18-105 3.5/5.6VRII , Tamron 17-50 2.8 , 70-300 4/5.6 VRII , 70-200 2.8 VRII , SB600

G