Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New user needs advice regarding F5 lenses

duke72

CA
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
duke72 Registered since 06th Jun 2010
Thu 15-Jul-10 10:21 PM

Wonderful forum, am a recently joined member. Thanks in advance for any advice. I have recently started using film and loved my FE2 so much that I could not resist investing in an F5, mint condition. All of this has happened over the past month. I was using my 50mm 1.4 exclusively on the FE2. Shot one roll on my F5 so far with both 50mm and a 55 - 200 VR 4-5.6 G. Going on advice from another web source ( the one that says ' this is the best lens in the world, period' for everything) I thought the VR lens would work perfectly with the F5. However, there is a dark ring around all photos, I'm guessing something to do with a digital lens on a full frame? Anyhow, my question is related to advice for a lens in the tele range which will work on my F5. Doesn't need to be a zoom, in fact a relatively fast prime might be preferable. Thanks again.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New user needs advice regarding F5 lenses

G