Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

F4s Battery Connection Problem(?) & seeking help

piniongear

Houston Texas, US
466 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006
Sat 15-May-10 02:44 PM

My F4s has battery connection problems. Sometimes I insert the 6 batteries in the MB21 and cannot get the battery indicator lights to come on.
I have rubbed all of the contacts with an eraser several times and got it to work only twice.
Yesterday the indicator lights came on but the camera did not.
I removed the lens and reinstalled it and the camera worked. That happened several times during the day.
This morning the camera is dead and the indicator lights will not come on. The batteries are good.

So, my question is this.....
Does the F4s have any history of problems with keeping the battery contacts functioning? The contacts are clean and juice flows through the horizontal insert holder but is not making good contact somewhere in the drive.
Any help is certainly welcome at this end...... Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: F4s Battery Connection Problem(?) & seeking help

G