Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

F6 users: What do you think of the D700 (and D3)?

Horus

Brussels, BE
1015 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Horus Registered since 29th Mar 2007
Mon 11-Aug-08 11:54 PM | edited Mon 11-Aug-08 11:55 PM by Horus

Hello every one.

Last Friday, I've receive from a pro friend a D3 to try for 7 days as he has no use for that time. A fantastic opportunity

I'm right now very satisfied (ecstatic I should say) by my trials and from D3 capacities, especially in high ISO / low light environment. It's also my first real daily use of a DLSR... Full-frame at last.
On Friday too, I've the opportunity to test extensively for 1 hour a D700 during a Nikon exhibition in one of my favourite reseller.

With those first 2 days trials of the D3, I'm a bit confused in the way that I was not trilled by my D700 experience, it came out that I do not like the camera handling. I prefer much more the D3. Only one think I'm not yet accustomed to (apart from its price) is the D3's weight!

Coming from the F6, with the D3 I feel nearly like at home. Even if I miss some features: anti-dust, real "full" E-type view screen across viewfinder, shutter sound, possible "lightness" without the grip (I found the D700 pretty heavy alone)... And found to have a lot of AF sensors to work with .

The D700, for me do not add a lot, apart for lightness (in weight and price) out of the D3 and anti-dust. It is missing important features for me: 100% viewer, the grip is not feeling right in my (large) hands for me, the F6 and D3 do, so the external grip must be add to get more comfort, AF responsiveness is a bit less than the D3 and F6 with the same lenses...

So for those using a F6, and other F users (of course ), what do you think of the D700 (and D3)?

David
Photography is a joy, happy shooting

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: F6 users: What do you think of the D700 (and D3)?
Reply message Light mesurement differences between a F6/F3 and a D3
     Reply message RE: Light mesurement differences between a F6/F3 and a ...

G