Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

use 12 volt with 1,2v nimh akku and the original battery pack

Joseph Wolfsberg

22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Joseph Wolfsberg Basic Member
Wed 07-Mar-01 03:37 PM

I purchased here in Germany a small adapter which me enabled
to use normal 1,2v akku in the original nikon F5 battery pack
but with the result of full 12volt.
the old way is to use alkaline batteries with 1,5v (x 8) piece = 12 volt, if you want to take the normal 1,2v akku you get not 12 volt (1,2 x 8= 9,6 )
The new way is a small adapter which you enabled to take
in the original nikon battery pack a additional 9th. battery akku.
The adapter change nothing , all is removable, the greatest thing is that you can you use one day 8 alkaline battery and the other day 9 battery akku ( 1,2v ) if recharge the akku you save a lot of money
a fresh recharged akku have not exactly 1.2v but 1,36v this result in ( 9 piece akku x 1,36v = 12,24 volt )
i would before this adapter buy the akku pack from nikon but this is me to expensive
the price of the adapter here in germany is 50.-DM ( 25.-US$).
send me a email if you want to know more (pyranja@geocities.com)
all days enough light
joseph wolfsberg

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: use 12 volt with 1,2v nimh akku and the original ba...
               Reply message get 12 volt with 1,2v nimh akku and the nikon battery h...
                    Reply message RE: get 12 volt with 1,2v nimh akku and the nikon batte...
                    Reply message RE: get 12 volt with 1,2v nimh akku and the nikon batte...
                         Reply message Is this an ad to sell the adapter?
                              Reply message RE: Is this an ad to sell the adapter?
                                   Reply message Joseph Wolfsberg ....How I am

G