Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

F4 Focus Problems...Advice Most Welcome

zhemgang

7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zhemgang Registered since 07th Jun 2006
Sat 17-Nov-07 10:30 PM

I bought a used F4 a while back. I had a problem with the MB-20 battery supply in that after taking a shot the red alert light would flash and I would then have to turn it off and on before it would fire again. This would not happen with the MB-23 power supply. I even sent it to Nikon NJ for a CLA and to check the alert light issue and it was returned after some cryptic repair explanation. But two things appear to be still happening:

1) When I try and focus using any lens, the split prism never aligns perfectly regardless of the lens used though the green light comes on.

2) When test firing (without film) in P and S modes the red alert light comes on after each shot. In A mode this doesn't happen. This happens using either the MB-20 or MB-23 power packs.

Is there any reason that the power pack would cause any of these problems. Are there an adjustments that I can make to the focus? Should I bother sending it in for repair again? I would really like to use this camera and am rather disappointed.

Thanks for you advice,

Rick

G