Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

YEAH Baby!! what a DEAL ( F4 )!!

dphotobayer

Aspen, US
127 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dphotobayer Registered since 28th Feb 2002
Sat 20-May-06 01:48 AM

Hi all,

I am a pro photographer who is about to start a big documentary on Kodachrome slide film as a farewell. It should take me about 2-3 years to do it. I have hundreds of rolls of all speeds now. In 2003 I switched the digital end of things to Canon for full frame. I did keep one FM3A and 3 AIS primes. Well, I have been building a *SICK* arsenal of Nikon film gear to shoot niche projects like this one. Up until about an hour ago, I had built my kit to two FM3A's and 6 primes.

Then I decided to keep one of the brand new FM3A's in collector level condition, I had better get a good but used F4S. When I found this, I just about fell out of my seat:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7620484630&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

With a Kenyon KS-6 Gyro, a full Hasselblad Xpan system and now this, I have a system that goes far beyond my wildest dreams!!

Kodachrome, here I come!!

"Digital is like shaved legs on a man - very smooth and clean but there is something acutely disconcerting about it."

G