Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How water resistant is F5

jneihouse

3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jneihouse Basic Member
Sat 25-Nov-00 03:16 AM

Shoot freelance and string for area newspapers. Have done so for a while now. Shoot quite a bit of sports. Tonight's assignment was Friday night high school football. Rained all day and continued to rain steadily throughout the game. I used a disposable poncho to cover my F5 and SB28, taping the poncho so that only the business end of the flash and lens were exposed to the weather. Camera stayed dry except for some condensation caused by my body heat under the poncho. Temp was around 50 degrees F. Another freelancer was there with his D1 and just held it under his coat until he wanted to shoot, then taking the camera out and exposing it to the rain. It occurred to me that in all the time I had been shooting I had never shot in a steady rain for 3 hours. Caused me to wonder just how water resistant the F5 (or D1 is for that matter). Do some of you folks with far more experience than me have any observations?

Thanks in advance
John Neihouse

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How water resistant is F5