Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jnscbl

US
3601 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jnscbl Basic Member
Mon 15-Jan-01 02:50 PM

A photographer will be shooting a swimsuit spread on the beach. He chooses the F5 for its sophisticated RGB meter. The venue is the West Coast in the morning. Weather sunny with scattered clouds. There are four models: one from the UK, one from South America, one from the Orient, and one from sub-Saharan Africa. They will be modeling one-piece suits, six colors each: red, green, blue, yellow, white, and black. There will be two poses each: facial, with the face covering at least the center 12mm of the image; and full figure, from crotch to top of head, so that the suit covers at least twice the area of the image as the face. The sea and sky will be in the background. The F5 will be used in matrix mode and the photographer will not manually over-ride the exposure.
Question One: What differences, if any, can we expect to see in skin tone exposure for each model between facial and full figure shots, and among the various color swimsuits?
Question Two: What differences, if any, can we expect to see in the background exposure among the models of different ethnicity, and among the different color suits?
Of course, just a couple of examples for each question would suffice, not every mathematical possiblity!

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: F5 On Location
Reply message Nikon F5 RGB metering