Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
markscamera

Morristown, US
1614 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
markscamera Registered since 06th Aug 2006
Tue 29-Apr-08 07:23 PM

I'm going to start carrying my F80s more as a backup to my to D80 and need a lens recommendation. I use either the 18-135 or 18-200VR with my D80 which I know doesn't work with my F80s, so I'm thinking about either a 50/1.8D or a Sigma 24-60/2.8. One is $100 and rated very good for image quality and the other is about $200 and gives me a nice range from wide angle to normal focal length but is said not to be real sharp until it's stopped down a bit. Back 7 - 8 years ago when I was taking photography classes I used and chose the F80s because it imprints the shutter speed and aperture between the frames which is great when making prints. I also used a 50/1.4 ais and either the sunny 16 rule or guessed the exposure. I haven't used the camera in about 2 years and now need a lens, preferably autofocus this time. What would you recommend? BTW, the data imprint is a great feature, to bad I don't print b&w anymore.
Mark

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: F80s lens recommendation

G