Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US
1696 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007
Mon 17-Sep-12 03:02 PM

Today I took my old N80 out of bubble-wrap storage because my daughter wanted to shoot film with me. Last I remember this N80 was in near mint condition when I stored it a couple of years ago except for a tiny crack in the top LCD panel. When I removed the bubble wrap I noticed that the whole body is sticky! Except for the viewfinder and the battery grip, the whole body feels sticky.

How do I make this stickiness go away? Will it go away on its own after it airs out, or is this some unstoppable chemical process that has ruined my N80?

My daughter was really looking forward to shooting film with me today and the N80 was the best choice for her smaller hands. My other choices (except for the F100 I will be using) are all heavier manual focus bodies (F, F2A, F3HP).

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sticky N80

G