Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

N50 turns out to be a delightful little camera

tfb666

Jacksonville, US
62 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tfb666 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Mar 2010
Wed 17-Aug-11 02:09 AM | edited Wed 17-Aug-11 02:40 AM by tfb666

I picked up an N50 on a whim, more for some other stuff that came with it. Since then I've been having a jolly time with it. It sounds like a cheap point and shoot, but it works just fine and does pretty much anything you'd need it to, as long as you don't want to use MF lenses. Even then, if you don't mind manual metering (or guessing) MF lenses will work just fine, too. Mostly I put my Tamron-built Promaster 70-300 AF or my plastic-fantastic Vivitar 19-35 on it, both of which, being consummate "consumer" class lenses, seem nicely paired with this consumer-level camera. The 50/1.4D Nikkor works pretty well on it, too. That this camera is not more popular with film enthusiasts, especially given its current cost (close to zero) I can only attribute to a rampant elitism. Myself, I seem to be moving downhill -- starting out in AF with an F4 and F5, then a couple of N90 bodies, and now the N50. All of them make me smile, each in their own way.

Ulysses

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G